Tuesday 28 September 2010

Lots of lovely free stuff

A big part of my weekend relaxing is getting the weekend papers and going somewhere nice to read it. I was delighted to see that this weekend The Guardian included a free suppliment called 'How to make Films' a welcome addition to my usual weekend reading.




Joy of Joy this was followed by a free DVD on in The Observer on Sunday with the first short films of Ken Russell, Ridley Scott, Stephen Frears, Shane Meadows and Gurinder Chadha. 


The Ken Russell short called Amelia and the Angel is probably the loveliest short film I've ever seen. Made in 1957 this black and white film follows Amelia (pictured below on the front cover) as she tries to find a new pair of angel wings after her brother ruins her first pair. I'm a sucker for a sweet story and this little film captures the endeavours of a very sweet little girl.





P.S Tonight I'm off to watch Eat Pray Love. The Book dominated my summer so I'm apprehensive for the film to live up to the Book's reputation. Review to Follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment